Sunday 24 May 2015

5e Monster Mash: Shattered Skeletons

As part of my regular 5e game, I've been creating quite a few monsters and other stat blocks. A week or two ago, my players encountered the first of my custom monsters. I've been holding off on posting the stats for these custom beasties, but since my players have already run into these, damage done, so to speak. Without further ado, I present the first of my custom 5e monsters:

Shattered Skeletons
The partially destroyed remains of an animated skeleton. They lack some their limbs and attack with the splintered and broken ends of their bony digits.
Small Undead, Lawful Evil

Armour Class 13
Hit Points 7 (2d6)
Speed 20ft

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
10 (+0) 14(+2) 10 (+0) 6 (-2) 8 (-1) 5 (-3)

Damage Vulnerabilities bludgeoning
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities exhaustion, poisoned
Senses darkvision 60ft., passive Perception 9
Languages --
Challenge 1/8 (25 XP)

Actions

Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5ft., one target.
Hit: 4 (1d4 + 2) piercing damage

Now, the Shattered Skeletons aren't too complex. I needed a stat block for the skeletal remains of medium humanoids that was CR 1/8. I tried to make them a little more interesting than “like the skeletons in the book but with less hp”. There is, however, so much you can do with low CR humanoid skeletons.


Don't worry, I promise they get more interesting (read: weirder) as time goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment